Created a dedicated server, unable to join it, says Join Timed Out.

Need a help, I'm trying to run a series on F1 2021 by AM and I set up a dedicated server, I've put my IP in the blue '+' button and searched it. My server showed up but I cannot join it. It gives me the error join timed out. I've even set inbound rules with TCP 34447 but it still gives the same error. I haven't given a password, it'd be helpful if anyone can help me out.

I have only experienced this when I am driving on the same pc as I use for hosting.
To get around that I had to install a loopback adapter, there are a few videos of how to do that on youtube (and in text elsewhere on the internet if you rather want that :) )

But it is a few years ago that we did that driving in rF1, so things can of course have changed since then.

Last edited:
I have only experienced this when I am driving on the same pc as I use for hosting.
To get around that I had to install a loopback adapter, there are a few videos of how to do that on youtube (and in text elsewhere on the internet if you rather want that :) )

But it is a few years ago that we did that driving in rF1, so things can of course have changed since then.
Thanks for the help...that means I cannot join right?
It's fine with me because I want to hold it and since my parents are a bit strict I want my friends to race in it

It's fine with me because I want to hold it and since my parents are a bit strict I want my friends to race in it
By creating that Loopback Adapter you should be able to join the server yourself. At least it works like that with rF2, so I would give it a test to see if it works :)

I start dedicated.exe 2 times the 1 i not show in matchmaker! But 2 i shown in matchmaker and that server i could join my self to not get join time out the start port 1 was 34297 start port 1 was 34298 this ports can be set in the Multiplayer.ini file
and i use a router that have limits in how many ports i could have so i edit the ports so i could host 9 servers
by set ports 34298-34308 on all ports that must be open in a router and off course allow the exe files in the firewall ... must be done people can figure out how to host a game from a own PC
Ps. people must have access to the router and be admin to open ports and then host games.

I just noticed this part. You can run a dedicated server and the game on the same computer. I have a server running right now, and I just connected to it to confirm.
The first thing to test is to try and connect directly using the loopback address, which is built in to windows. In the connect screen, try to connect to 127.0.0.1. This will show if the server is working properly, and should show if you have the windows firewall configured to connect.

The first two ports are specified in your multiplayer.ini file, mine shows:

Query Port Start="34297" // range is 1025 - 65535
Port Start="34397" // range is 1025 - 65535

The third I think is static, 34447.

All of those need to be forwarded on your router to allow the game to show up in the server screen, and for people to connect. Additionally, you need to make sure your windows firewall allows the inbound traffic.

Hope this helps.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • Full game

Votes: 101 23.1%
  • CPU

Votes: 54 12.4%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 80 18.3%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 50 11.4%