AMS2 Corvette vs BMW@ Ibarra, Wednesday April 13 th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Guido Trampe

AMS2 Moderator
Premium
002 (5).jpg

2002 Turbo was BMW's first and one of the first turbocharged production cars in general. It's based on the 02 series's regular 2.0L engine with an added KK&K turbo and Kugelfischer mechanical fuel injection. It's a rare car: only 1,672 units were ever produced. It's future was doomed due to the oil crisis following its launch as demand for performance cars crashed.

The regular 2002 model already produced 128 hp. Forced induction through turbocharging increased power to 168 hp with 240Nm of torque. This is an otherwise modest figure, but it's driving a chassis around only 1000kg. To put it into perspective, this power to weight ratio is similar to a modern day Golf GTI.

As usual with most BMWs performance cars, the 2002 is a comfortable everyday car that seats four. It's also considered the Holy Grail of BMWs.

The Chevrolet Corvette (C3) is a sports car that was produced from 1967 until 1982 by Chevrolet for the 1968 to 1982 model years. Engines and chassis components were mostly carried over from the previous generation, but the body and interior were new. It set new sales records with 53,807 produced for the 1979 model year.[4] The C3 is the third generation of the Chevrolet Corvette, and marks the second time the Corvette would carry the Stingray name, though only for the 1969 - 1976 model years. This time it was a single word as opposed to Sting Ray as used for the 1963 - 1967 C2 generation. The name would then be retired until 2014 when it returned with the release of the C7.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server, Settings & Rules
Server Name: RaceDepartment #2
Server Password: hnyrdams2
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X1 tyre wear.
Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Gears, Factory Defaults
Track: Ibarra
Cars: Vintage Touring Car class (BMW 2002 and Corvette C3)
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table
Date:
April 13
th 2022
Practice: 19:00 UTC 21:00 CEST (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC 21:30 CEST (10 minutes)
Race 1: 19:45 UTC 21:45 CEST (sprint 20 min)
Race 2: 20:15 UTC 22:15 CEST (sprint 20 min)... random grid
Race 3: 20:45 UTC 22:15 CEST (sprint 20 min)... random grid

* #3 is when aneough drivers want to participate.

Entry List
  1. @Guido Trampe
  2. @Remco Hitman
  3. @bobvaninge
  4. @Redvaliant*
  5. @nepal roade
  6. @max1966i
  7. @Reiche
  8. Free spot
  9. Free spot
  10. Free spot
  11. Free spot
  12. Free spot
  13. Free spot
  14. Free spot
  15. Free spot
  16. Free spot
  17. Free spot
  18. Free spot
  19. Free spot
  20. Free spot
  21. Free spot
  22. Free spot
  23. Free spot
  24. Free spot
  25. Free spot
  26. Free spot
  27. Free spot

Last edited:
Not sure I can make it, but put me down as a possible. These are two of the best cars in the whole game IMO, we had a great race with these @ Guapore. I am doing modern GTEs this week, but next week it'll be the other, more brutal Corvette and the RSR Porsche.

Last edited:
Your in Daniel. Agree on the cars. They are big fun. Had many good and close races with them allready. Also like that the can tae a hit without you being warped to Mars immediatly after.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I will postpone this race to next week. Looking for a bit more drivers on the Grid. Please join me in trying to fill this grid.

Ah, I like that! :) I just realised it’s Wednesday today and that I wanted to maybe jump into the race spontaneously after I come home from work, but I totally forgot about that

Hi guys. Thanks for siging up allready. As you probably know, this weekend the F1 2022 car was released for AMS2. It has been a great fun to drive. Would you be happy if I switched this weeks event to a F1 2022 event and drive this great car? Let me know in the comments please.

Latest News

Back