Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1200px-Ferrari_312_-_002.jpg
Lotus-49-Cosworth-7221.jpg

1200px-Regazzoni%2C_Clay_am_31.07.1976_-_Ferrari_312T.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Tonight the final race of this intense championship and on a track that's more than worthy for such an important happening.
The Nordschleife doesn't need an introduction. With these cars it will be an exceptional challenge to finish without mistakes.

As all events in this championship, we're doing two separate races tonight. That are also two separate S.GP events.
After the 1st race you have to leave the server and join the server of the 2nd race that will be started shortly after race 1 has ended. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS YOURSELF, IT'S NOT AUTOMATED.

1200px-Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2013-Nordschleife.svg.png

Official practice time for both races is short so we can have two races tonight. There's a server available during the week where you can practice and configure your setup.

Further information and registering for this championship: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/classic-f1-championship-2022.216649/

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • Race 1 ('60 cars)
    • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 20:20 CEST, 19:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 20:45 CEST, 19:45 BST (19:45 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
  • Race 2 ('70 cars)
    • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 22:05 CEST, 21:05 BST (21:05 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
Event details:
  • Cars:
    • '60: Lotus 49, Ferrari 312/67
    • '70: Lotus 72D, Ferrari 312T
  • Track: Nurnburgring Nordschleife, Germany
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 22C air/32C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

I'm sick and tired off this. Its the second race in a row where people think the outlap for quali is a race. I was making space between me and the car ahead just to be overtaken on the last straight. The next lap would then be ruined both for me and him, cause I am normally quicker than him and would have tried to pass him. I didn't say anything this time and I'm slowly calming down again. But I was pissed. Am I wrong on my view on this then let me know. Mayby I am taking my simracing to serious.

I'm sick and tired off this. Its the second race in a row where people think the outlap for quali is a race. I was making space between me and the car ahead just to be overtaken on the last straight. The next lap would then be ruined both for me and him, cause I am normally quicker than him and would have tried to pass him. I didn't say anything this time and I'm slowly calming down again. But I was pissed. Am I wrong on my view on this then let me know. Mayby I am taking my simracing to serious.
Axel,

Good of you to mention it. I will include this in my pre-qually chat from now on.

Horrible night. Nordschleife has punished me for having practiced very little. I had had so much fun until today that tonight feels an undeserved closing. But it's what I've deserved I guess, especially with the 60s. It's true that I don't have time currently but maybe I could have started earlier. I'm not an expert on this track although I like it, so even worse. With the 60s my race setup was basically undriveable, I'm not sure if I loaded the correct one because it hadn't felt that rubish in the practice.
With the 70s I was capable of 6:45, I was confident, but I had already lost the focus in race 1. My fault. In race 1, Kimmich pushed me to the barriers and that switched me off. He was faster, maybe I can't blame on him for impatient, possibly I was too slow. And then in race 2, Han or Ernie sent me to the Moon. That was difficult to understand, I had overtaken them in the straight and for me it made no sense to be so close each other with so much time left. No bad feelings though, no problem! Later on I was so distracted that I also did a very absurd rejoin causing a crash, so I can't complain. I don't know who was the victim but my apologies for that :cry: Of course, it wasn't my intention. What a noob move, sorry.

Well, I hope this disaster has made me realize I should practice more than 3 laps per car, especially if it's Nordschleife. My pride is touched so I'm looking forward to the next season. Not sure if I'll have my rig with me but I hope so!

See you soon and congrats to Enzo on a brilliant performance all the season

Last edited:
I think it was me. You kept a gap of 2.5 seconds during the lap and suddenly in the long straight you must have had an issue because I overtook you. And at the end of the straight I let you pass. So everything was ok, I already knew you were faster. But then again you made a mistake in the penultimate corner, so I passed because other people were coming behind if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Axel,

Good of you to mention it. I will include this in my pre-qually chat from now on.
I appreciate Axel's point but imho it's not a black or white issue and hence care should taken with any 'rule'.

For example if someone has an off on the out lap and I discover them struggling back onto the track I won't slam on the brakes I'll go past them if it's safe to do so (as I assume everyone else would do and certainly have done to me!). Similarly if I come round a corner flat out to find a car going nowhere near race speed I'll assume they've just had an off, or have some other issue, and will again overtake if safe to do so. Of course if I can see a car clearly trying to hold back from the car in front of them to make space in the last few corners I'll respect that and hold back myself.

Equally if I'm on an out lap and someone catches me who is clearly quicker I'll often let them go pass to get on with it to avoid us both being compromised (as I did on one occasion last night). This can be especially necessary in multi-cars events where setup differences require a different out lap approach to prep tyres.

So in summary I think it's more about racing etiquette and common sense than a new 'rule' being necessary, again imho, but no problem with this being part of your pre-race chat in this context Han.

I appreciate Axel's point but imho it's not a black or white issue and hence care should taken with any 'rule'.

For example if someone has an off on the out lap and I discover them struggling back onto the track I won't slam on the brakes I'll go past them if it's safe to do so (as I assume everyone else would do and certainly have done to me!). Similarly if I come round a corner flat out to find a car going nowhere near race speed I'll assume they've just had an off, or have some other issue, and will again overtake if safe to do so. Of course if I can see a car clearly trying to hold back from the car in front of them to make space in the last few corners I'll respect that and hold back myself.

Equally if I'm on an out lap and someone catches me who is clearly quicker I'll often let them go pass to get on with it to avoid us both being compromised (as I did on one occasion last night). This can be especially necessary in multi-cars events where setup differences require a different out lap approach to prep tyres.

So in summary I think it's more about racing etiquette and common sense than a new 'rule' being necessary, again imho, but no problem with this being part of your pre-race chat in this context Han.
Agree for not making it a rule. It's more my intention to remind everyone to give eachother enough space before the start of the hotlap.

Again 2 fun races.

Unfortunately I #$%$## up both qualification sessions. In the 60's cars i managed to get a laptime on the board, but my flying laps both contained 2 little off tracks. And in the 70's cars in the first flying lap I spun on the exit of Aremberg, weird place to spin, but I did it. Second flying lap I also got a little of track somewhere. So not the best qualy this season for me. P10 60's Q and P14 70's Q.

But I know I had some pace, so the first race was all about staying out of crashes in the first corners.
I settled in behind Axel and Hank. I overtook both, and in the end got a present from Joel that handed me P4 behind the mighty Lotus drivers.

The 2nd race I started more carefully because I was more on the back of the whole field.
Had some contact with Tajinder somewhere in the beginning of the lap, sorry for that.
And I was involved in the Han, Ernie, Daniel get together at the beginning of Dottinger Hohe (the long straight). I am sorry, but I had nowhere to go as it happened so close in front of me. On the straight after that I was 3 wide with I think Han & Daniel. But for the corners I backed out, luckily for me because Han & Daniel had contact and gone off.

After that I had some decent pace in the Ferrari and could catch up to Hank, Davide and Thomas. I also got to the back of Laurent, but the race was too short to make a move, or I was too slow :p.

Big thanks to @HF2000 for organizing this nice championship with these amazing cars!

About the quali issues Axel posted, it is one of the cons of an open qualifying. On shorter tracks it also happens, but the chance you have a free lap there is much bigger than on the Nordschleiffe of course. It is a gentlemen's rule I think, but hard to check or control.

I would like to hear from all of you what your wishes are for a next championship.
Keep this format ('60 and '70) or do you have other suggestions?
Although I've liked 60/70 a lot, I'd like to drive other cars now. My preferences would be:
- one same car for everybody (to avoid the differences we've seen between 60s Lotus and Ferrari)
- a car without electronic aids, a bit difficult to handle :cool:
- 4-5 GPs. The number of drivers have decreased from GP6 or so, right?
- extra: I'd love that we all used the same setup, I don't have much time to practice and setups are an important key sometimes (with the 60/70 I think setups made a bit of difference). But also I know some people like preparing setups, so they might get upset with this.

Thank you Han for keeping organizing this with passion :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back