Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1200px-Ferrari_312_-_002.jpg
Lotus-49-Cosworth-7221.jpg

1200px-Regazzoni%2C_Clay_am_31.07.1976_-_Ferrari_312T.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

As another classic version of a modern track Watkins Glen Boot Classic doesn't have the hated inner loop so the entry of the Loop will be exciting and spectacular because this is also the best place for an overtake. Imaging two (or three) cars side by side doing 250+ approaching this fast right handler! The one who backs off first may well be the winner here.

As all events in this championship, we're doing two separate races tonight. That are also two separate S.GP events.
After the 1st race you have to leave the server and join the server of the 2nd race that will be started shortly after race 1 has ended. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS YOURSELF, IT'S NOT AUTOMATED.

latest

Official practice time for both races is short so we can have two races tonight. There's a server available during the week where you can practice and configure your setup.

Further information and registering for this championship: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/classic-f1-championship-2022.216649/

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • Race 1 ('60 cars)
    • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 20:20 CEST, 19:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 20:45 CEST, 19:45 BST (19:45 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
  • Race 2 ('70 cars)
    • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
    • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
    • 22:05 CEST, 21:05 BST (21:05 UTC) | 35 minutes - Race
Event details:
  • Cars:
    • '60: Lotus 49, Ferrari 312/67
    • '70: Lotus 72D, Ferrari 312T
  • Track: Watkins Glen Boot Classic, USA
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 23C air/33C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Attachments

• 1649934016366.jpeg
    1649934016366.jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I will also be missing from todays race. Its a shame cause i was gonna whoop soooooo much ass today. :p

Side note: i changed a setting in the game so that the vision follows the horizon instead of the car. (I use vr) wow! What a huge difference it made to the feel of the game. I always had a hard time determining the grade of hills and things just felt kind of flat.
Not anymore! The hills now feel like giant ocean waves that rise in front of the car.

If you are in vr, check out the horizon lock. It will blow your mind!!

Hope everyone has fun today and good luck!

Attachments

• 305229F6-98DA-4C49-AA44-AB662896F043.jpeg
    305229F6-98DA-4C49-AA44-AB662896F043.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 32
Unfortunately hardware issues again today. Screen freezed sometimes for couple of seconds, so I missed complete race 1 and practice for race 2 as I rebooted. Gladly it stopped in qualy for race 2 but I had only little practice and pretty much stock setup. Had lots of fun driving this Ferrari at the Glen. Great that both cars were competitive at this track. Did some practice after the race with rear wing lowered to 4 and could do a 1.40.0.

results: https://simresults.net/220420-0QA

Thx all and cu next time.

Last edited:
I was a bit disappointed that so few joined. Only 13 from the 24. Some guys announced their absence but a lot didn't.
On the other side it helped me with getting some points as I lost server connection in the first race and after reconnect I was lapped by everyone. But it was nice chasing Colin and Paul in a non stressful way.
Second race was one great battle with first Ernie and later Laurent. Ernie had apparantly much less wing because he could easily pass me on the straight. But he struggled in the corners so I could keep close. When he attacked Laurent in the Loop he overshot, leaving me and Laurent to fight it out. That was an intense battle for several laps with me waiting for that little mistake of him that I could use. It came in turn 1 so I could close in for the slipstream on the straight and knowing that my car was better in the Loop I could pass him. After that I got Dani in my sights and I got within striking distance in the last laps. When lining up for the last turn to maximize my exit I forgot how wide this car is on the back so my left rear hit the kerb/grass and I spun ending with the nose in the wrong direction. Laurent and Thomas could profit so I finished at a disappointing 7th but after a great race!

Last edited:
What a shame you had that disconnection, Han. We were very close also in race 1. Now that I read Thomas Kimmich issues and yours, is it possible that this track has something? I had raced here twice previously and in both races I had seen weird things, in those cases the problems were in the starting grid: one car pushing the cars which were standstill, thus causing massive DTs...

You were chasing me in race 2, in that last turn I took more risks than in ptevious laps and then I saw you doing the same but with worse luck. I hope you weren't using me as reference in that moment :p

Last night I was very happy because I had two clean starts, good battles and I was competitive. P5 and p4 out of 13, but I think these 13 drivers are a usual top 15 if I'm not wrong. I've been fighting with all those drivers within top 10, so in the end my results have been good :)
I want to thank my p4 to the great Ernie, because I used his Spa setup and it seemed to work very well, especially the wings. I was full throttle in turns 2-3-4.

So next week is the last GP? I think we should tag everybody because normally there has been a week between GPs, not this time.
Sad to see many people giving up. The league is very beautiful. Maybe less GPs for next season? 5 or 6?

See you next week fellas :)

Last edited:
. When lining up for the last turn to maximize my exit I forgot how wide this car is on the back so my left rear hit the kerb/grass and I spun ending with the nose in the wrong direction.
Those pesky rear tyres!! They touch the grass and blammo! Done!

Last edited:
What a shame you had that disconnection, Han. We were very close also in race 1. Now that I read Thomas Kimmich issues and yours, is it possible that this track has something? I had raced here twice previously and in both races I had seen weird things, in those cases the problems were in the starting grid: one car pushing the cars which were standstill, thus causing massive DTs...

You were chasing me in race 2, in that last turn I took more risks than in ptevious laps and then I saw you doing the same but with worse luck. I hope you weren't using me as reference in that moment :p

Last night I was very happy because I had two clean starts, good battles and I was competitive. P5 and p4 out of 13, but I think these 13 drivers are a usual top 15 if I'm not wrong. I've been fighting with all those drivers within top 10, so in the end my results have been good :)
I want to thank my p4 to the great Ernie, because I used his Spa setup and it seemed to work very well, especially the wings. I was full throttle in turns 2-3-4.

So next week is the last GP? I think we should tag everybody because normally there has been a week between GPs, not this time.
Sad to see many people giving up. The league is very beautiful. Maybe less GPs for next season? 5 or 6?

See you next week fellas :)

I think those screen freezes are related to my hardware. Had this problem in the past occasionally on other tracks as well.

I had some nice races last Tuesday.

For the first race I qualified fourth behind the mighty Lotus folks. I had a good start, finally, only Hank was a little bit better at the start. After a couple of laps, I overtook Hank back for P4, and that's were I finished. The Lotus guys were out of my reach in terms of race pace. P4 and fastest Ferrari, nice :)

Quali for the 2nd race then, I was on provisional pole with 4 minutes to go. But in the last seconds Reik got me with 0.08 seconds and it was P2 for me. Don't really know where the pace was coming from, but it was welcome ;).

Again I had a good start, but Axel a bit better, after the first lap I was on P3. With Enzo already storming up to somewhere around P5/P6.
I could follow Reik and Axel, but could not attack. After a couple of laps Reik made a mistake and kissed the armco. Axel P1 and me on P2 now. Slowly I closed in on Axel, and after a bad turn 1 from Axel, I overtook him, but on the long straight he had massive over-speed and overtook me back. I drove with 3-6 wings, I think Axel with something less :p.
Tried it again 2 or 3 times, but every time Axel overtook me back on the straight. Nice fighting though!
Unfortunately I made a mistake some laps before the end in the Esses, almost crashed very hard, but somehow I saved it. That was it then, P2 with Enzo in my mirrors. Nice result and nice racing!

Thanks Han for organizing.

Last edited:
Didn't really feel like racing on Tuesday, only did 2 laps of practice in the 49 and maybe 8 or so in the 72. Was going to start the first race from the back of the grid, but then I saw Reik's quali time and figured I'd put a lap in anyway. In the race, after a good battle in the first two laps, I pulled away a little and got bored and started throwing the car around a bit for fun. Karma got to me and I overdid it and spun, so Reik overtook me.

Second race I should've started at the front in hindsight, as I wasn't really able to catch up fast enough to the Ferraris at the front.

Anyway, I just need to start one of the two races next week, to get 19 points for 24th place (if everyone shows up), to secure the championship.

Not sure what's going on here but had a good laugh so far. :p

I'll try my best to be competitive in the last two races on the nordschleife but at first I need a few hundred laps to keep it on the road at all. :whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

Back