AC Classic Cars: Lotus 25@Battenbergring, Tue 27th June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
David-Coulthard-Lotus-25-Silverstone.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

A classic car on a classic circuit. For experienced drivers a dream, for those who are not familiar with classic cars an opportunity to start with a not too difficult icon from the racing history.

The Battenbergring is the latest of the creations of the great @Fat-Alfie. It has a great flow and very challenging high speed turns as well as hard brakingzone for the slow corners.
The details are magnificent and the deadly lampposts are also present here.
This event will be hosted by @JamKart22

1669327267103-png.619281

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/9bb3057a-a150-40ca-845c-17ce1767e64b?server=1 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 2 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

• Cars:
    • Lotus 25
  • Track: Battenbergring, Germany https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/battenbergring.51838/
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: mandatory, at least 1 liter of fuel.

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
What a beautiful track! Just tried it out, incredible. My first time trying one of these famous 'Fat Alfie' Tracks, and I must say, lives up to the hype.

Unfortunately, this week is filled with meetings for me, so I don't think I can make this one. Same for Wednesday's race. Sorry Colin (and Han), looks like a good one you set up here. Maybe you can take over scheduling races on Tuesday's..? I normally have time on Tuesdays.

If it turns out I'm free on tomorrow, I will definitely jump in. Thanks for organizing.

I am sorely tempted. Fat Alfie's tracks are so gorgeous, and a vintage F1 machine to bash against the lamp posts. What could be better? How do I join? I'm a regular rF2 RD participant, and have some experience with AC online.

Last edited:
I am sorely tempted. Fat Alfie's tracks are so gorgeous, and a vintage F1 machine to bash against the lamp posts. What could be better? How do I join? I'm a regular rF2 RD participant, and have some experience with AC online.
Hi Jim,

You're very welcome.
I will create an Emperor Account for you and send you a PM with all the information you need.

Sorry I pulled out guys, after getting tangled up with the incident on the first lap and disappearing through the hedge into the field, I got going again but struggled with concentration.
So I watched from the pits and enjoyed some close battles between Steve/Robert/Thomas/Richard.

Thanks Colin for hosting and well done all.

Thanks to everyone who turned up for my first hosted race. I should do it more often as by some miracle I finished 2nd.

Had a great scrap holding Allan back for 15mins but he inevitably got past. He then felt sorry for me and crashed to allow me past again. I returned the favour and he got past on my one off.

I'd like to host some more races with this car so like this post if your interested and we can ask Han nicely to set it up again :)

Last edited:
Excellent job Colin, i had a blast. Worked my way past the carnage on lap one from last to third with a good gap behind only to find Alan sideways in the village. By the time i was going again Richard and Robert were all over me which was great for the entertainment factor. Had a few battles with Richard and an extended battle with Robert that was ongoing for many laps. Had a battle with Colin after he left the pits and then it was back to fighting Robert again when i left the pits which i overshot coming in. Ok, so i lost all my battles in the end but only by a few seconds and it was one of the most intense races for a while and would love to do again soon. :thumbsup:

Great job in @JamKart22 for stepping in for Han and giving us a great race..These are my kind of cars,100% concentration or as i found out out a few times your off..:D..Few intense laps to start with, but as the race played out i found my rhythm i regained 1st till the end..WD to all drivers,takes Balls to handle these,and in echoing Hans words to the newbies,join us on weds night.Mazda/Abarths,great cars and great racing...Im willing to help guys with set-ups for the lotus if any1 wants it...WHOA WHOA,steady on dont all rush at once,we,ll get there..:roflmao:.:D.:laugh:.:).;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back