Cheapest way to get paddle shifters on SC2 Pro

Not really interested in a full on button box as I dont need any buttons or knobs, whats the least expensive route to get paddle shifters for a SC2 Pro.

Ive been thinking of going a DIY route with these items.

This is not ideal tho as I would need to make them removable since I primarily use my sim for drifting. Cant have any wires spinning at those speeds.

I just dont feel right spending $400 on a button box that would be 90% useless.

Idk, any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks! I use a 350mm universal round wheel if that makes any difference.

This is a relatively cheap and quite easy solution:

At least the 50mm pcd version I can not recommend !!

The shifters are weak, prone to stick and with very bad microwitches which didn´t last long for me.
The 70mm version seems to have different shifter, no experience with them.

MFG Carsten
Ok thanks. So thats almost exactly what Im looking for. Of course I would rather it be fully metal and wireless but beggars cant be choosers. Thatll do the job until I can build something wireless (and exactly what I want) myself.

Thank you!

Ok so, update. Ive got my wheel put together and everything is working great. Nice little piece. Obviously went with the 70mm version, they call it the vintage paddle shifters with buttons. Its supposed to go with the old Lotus open wheeler wheel (which is flat) but with a few screws and nuts I moved the paddles closer to the rim being a deeper 320mm wheel.

I really dont like the universal mini USB plug that it operates from but it does permanently fasten with the tightening of a screw. I would rather it be the 4 pin screw on type. It shouldnt matter tho.

Should this hold up, I dont see myself needing to upgrade like I previously planned.

Thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT: Forgot, I did want to mention the micro switches. I dont have much faith in the longevity of them. I assume I will need to upgrade them in the future. Now, I have no reason to think one way or the other. I just have a feeling about them I guess.

Last edited:
Ok so, update. Ive got my wheel put together and everything is working great. Nice little piece. Obviously went with the 70mm version, they call it the vintage paddle shifters with buttons. Its supposed to go with the old Lotus open wheeler wheel (which is flat) but with a few screws and nuts I moved the paddles closer to the rim being a deeper 320mm wheel.

I really dont like the universal mini USB plug that it operates from but it does permanently fasten with the tightening of a screw. I would rather it be the 4 pin screw on type. It shouldnt matter tho.

Should this hold up, I dont see myself needing to upgrade like I previously planned.

Thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT: Forgot, I did want to mention the micro switches. I dont have much faith in the longevity of them. I assume I will need to upgrade them in the future. Now, I have no reason to think one way or the other. I just have a feeling about them I guess.
Please share some photos of your finished wheel.

How long did shipping take and how much did it cost from Italy?

Last edited:
So, it was almost two weeks from the day I made the order that I got it.

Heres a couple pics. Not pretty but ill be getting a different rim for it. Just needed something as soon as possible with shifters.

Side note: These shifters are SO much better feeling than the Fanatec Uni-hub shifters ive used for the last few years. The paddles themselves are some sort of plastic that (again) I dont have much faith in but they are holding up and I have dropped it once. I might fit the Fanatec paddles on there sometime as they are metal.

I would say for the price I paid, this is what I expected in terms of quality. No actually, its exceeds the quality I was expecting. It reliably gets the job done and I have no real complaints. The hardware and processes used to manufacture is well above the bare minimum I expected and like I already said, I have no plans to make another wheel now. I only wish I could find a use for the red and green buttons. Maybe DRS and KERS? Idk...

Attachments

• PXL_20230305_172035132.jpg
    PXL_20230305_172035132.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20230305_170408658.jpg
    PXL_20230305_170408658.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 66
  • bandicam 2023-03-05 10-57-48-425.jpg
    bandicam 2023-03-05 10-57-48-425.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Wow, that would have been just amazing to find. Cant seem to find that anywhere tho, too bad. If you ever come across this plate please let me know.
Sim Tag sold them in the past, I wanted to buy them 2 years ago but they weren't available anymore. I ended up ordering Ascher's B16L-SC from them a week ago, I was tired of looking for a set of a decent (preferably wireless) paddles.

Latest News

Back