Buttkicker Question with Simhub

Guys i bought a buttkicker gamer a couple months ago and just finally attached it to my rig today (GT1Evo)

Running Simhub.

When i start Iracing and sit on the track the buttkicker has already started with engine sound...but i havent enabled anything yet in Simhub.

Im assuming its running off game audio? But when i enable engine vibration in Simhub it feels as if its enabled on top of the original game audio, feels as if there are 2 engine rumblings,is this suppose to work like that? If i move the slider down to as little as 3% i can feel the engine a lot...but also still feel the game audio engine.

Im assuming ive set this up wrong...any help?

• Deleted member 1066209

It sounds like your Buttkicker has the game audio running through it.

Do you have a separate sound card dedicated to your Buttkicker?

No i can buy one though...I thought that you didnt need a seperate sound card
It depends. If you have your game audio running through a separate device (like wireless headphones, or perhaps USB headphones), then, you can use the onboard sound card.
But if you are using the audio ports on the back of your pc to connect to audio speakers for your game sound, or even the headphone port, there will likely be an overlap.

I use a USB headphone amp, so all my game audio goes there. Then the onboard audio jacks are mapped for the output to buttkickers.

• Deleted member 1066209

No i can buy one though...I thought that you didnt need a seperate sound card
I'm guessing you set it up according to Buttkicker's instructions? Buttkicker assumes you want to send game audio to their unit. Most Simhub users do not want that, and only desire specific tactile effects instead, so a separate sound card is needed to keep the game audio away.

You can use an inexpensive usb sound card, like this: https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8?th=1
I've been using 3 of those for the past year, and they've been reliable.

Latest News

Back