ButtKicker + Cheap USB Soundcard?

Hi there,

I have a Buttkicker Gamer 2, configured to do gear-shifts in AMS2 via SimHub. I've noticed that the effect varies quite a lot (sometimes is a harder jolt than others). I thought it might be SimHub doing something relative to RPM, but I went into the SimHub configuration and pressed the 'Test' button. Upon clicking 'Test' some jolts are definitely more powerful than others.

I've had some odd "variations" in sound volume via the speakers in general (I don't use them much, I use a USB headset), so wondering if the soundcard is at fault. I was going to buy an external USB one to check if that resolve the problem.

Question is thus, will a super cheap USB card like a "TROND USB Sound Card" be ok even though they seem to be for headphones and not speakers? Given that the buttkicker has it's own amp, I presume it would work fine as long as the volume is at max in windows? Not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but if you google it, it should appear with a price around £6.99.

Thanks!

it could be different things but I don´t think sound output is to blame.
Being that cheap though, I think any USB $6 external sound card is good to feed the buttkicker.
Maybe it´s an issue with a particular effect demanding the kicker to work with a certain range of Hz which the kickers is not particularly fond of.

I also use a medium priced USB Sound soundcard for my tactile equipment.

One thing to consider is frequency range so the soundcard can deliver the 20 to 80 hz the buttkicker needs.

(But I wouldn't know which one does without triing them)

I can confirm that a cheap USB adapter to 3,5 Jack sounds better than the onboard sound of a TUF B450 motherboard (for my headphones)

MFG Carsten

Last edited:

Latest News

Back