Building a custom Button Box with - are status LEDs possible?

I've been planning to build a custom Button Box for a while. I have a few backlit buttons that I plan to use Engine Ignition and Engine Start. If possible I'd like to program the LEDs to be On/Off/Blink depending on the current engine state reported by the SIM. I'm not really sure where to start.

Looking in SimHub under Available properties I can see GameData.EngineIgnitionOn and GameData.EngineStarted for ACC. How does one go about accessing this data for a custom controller? Would I need to create my own plugin? Is there some documentation or existing discussions on this topic that someone can share? I'm a bit of a newb in this area.

Thanks! :cool:

Hi, you can start with the simhub discord if you like, there is a lot of information there, also on the website/wiki https://github.com/SHWotever/SimHub/wiki

Simhub support various leds out of the box through arduino's but i can see that for some reason they are not supporting individual leds (looks like concerns about power consumption and that you can only drive a handful off the spare pins anyway.

So if you know what you are doing and really want to drive a few inside your existing switches then you can still do that fairly easily by creating some custom code in one of simhubs arduino sketches.

Hi, you can start with the simhub discord if you like, there is a lot of information there, also on the website/wiki https://github.com/SHWotever/SimHub/wiki

Simhub support various leds out of the box through arduino's but i can see that for some reason they are not supporting individual leds (looks like concerns about power consumption and that you can only drive a handful off the spare pins anyway.

So if you know what you are doing and really want to drive a few inside your existing switches then you can still do that fairly easily by creating some custom code in one of simhubs arduino sketches.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did come across the issue about controlling single LEDs (unsupported) while digging for info on the wiki yesterday. It looks it's possible, but not out of the box. This is where the challenge starts.

Latest News

Back