AC Berta Tornado SP @ Zolder 1967, Tue 6th August 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Club Staff
Premium
preview.jpg

Welcome to the OT Racing Club.

Feedback from last week was that the one hour format is preferable to 2 x 25min so that's what we'll do next week at the superb Zolder 1967. A period car on a period track - perfect.

Circuit_Zolder-1963-1972.svg.png

We'll use the uprated version of the Tornado so you must install the performance data pack in order to get on the server - otherwise you'll get a checksum error. Just copy the files into your content/cars/dj_berta_tornado_sp directory.

It's worth getting on the server at least once before the race so you know you have the correct files installed.

There are also two excellent skin packs.

4 final bertas.jpg

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: RaceDepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 18:00 UTC, 19:00 BST, 20:00 CUET | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 19:05 UTC, 20:05 BST, 21:05 CUET | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:30 UTC, 20:30 BST, 21:30 CUET | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: Berta Tornado SP - find at Assettoworld(dotcom)
    Screenshot 2024-06-28 144338.jpg
  • Track: Zolder 1967
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: Mandatory (at least 1 litre of fuel)
Useful Links:
Entry list:

Big Berta and I still have our differences.

First she refused to let me join the server (another checksum problem, this time with the track, redownloading exactly the same file according to Windows did the trick),
then she will just not stay on the grey stuff for more than two laps in a row.

I don´t see the chance to keep us alive for an hour, so to spare my fellow racers the grief and myself the frustration i finally took the hint and deregistered.

Seems that from now on I will classic cars " watch, don´t touch"

Have fun guys, this car deserves more racers.
(I´m just not up to it)

You're not that far off my time! Happy to jump on the server with you and see if I can offer any help.
Thanks for that kind offer, but now I don´t want to spend any more effort on this.

I´ll be at Hockenheim having my doors banged in the Cupra.

I´ll probably see you in Mugello as i have a setup for that already.;)

Colin would love to take you up on the offer but

1. I dint know how discord works

2. Have had to leave as work means I am once again not available.

Thanks fo rthe offer!

Paul
It's worth trying to setup discord as it's easier to offer advice as your driving.

Accept the invite here

Install the discord app on your PC. There is a browser version but that doens't allow you to set up push to talk.

If you need any help then send me a PM

One of my best races for a long time. I was nearly on for my first win ever but Jason was just too fast - in spite of him making it interesting by going off a few time!

Also managed to hold Richard off as he provided pressure throughout the whole race - very intense.

Next we are off to a new circuit - the excellent 1967 version of Oulton Park

Last edited:
I was actually having quite a good 'race' at the back of the grid Johnny - not had a huge amount of practice so wasn't challenging for the first corner - so was quite good to watch his lines and keep reasonably close. That was until I got over confident and ended up flying over the banking at turn 7 and couldn't get back on track. Quick trip back to the pits and off I went again, now by myself.

Same mistake, same corner.

Back to the pits.

Same mistake, same corner.

Went to the kitchen for a beer and left you guys too it.

I really enjoy this car and am in awe of how you have all managed to understand the tricks to making it work. I have much to learn, can't wait!

Colin,

I have the discord app on my PC. Have joined the Emperor and Overtake groups. How do I join the race session? Struggling with this one so any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

You need this Premium Member section in discord and then you can join the 'assetto corsa' race chat....

Screenshot 2024-08-08 122649.jpg

If you don't have a Premium section then make sure you've associate your OT account with Discord. You do this in the 'Connected Accounts' of your account...

Screenshot 2024-08-08 123044.jpg

Screenshot 2024-08-08 123125.jpg

If you already have Discord associated and its still not showing the Premium section than disconnecting and reconnecting the association has known to fix the issue.

Latest News

Back