AC Berta Tornado SP @ Road Atlanta, Tue 3rd September 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Club Staff
Premium
preview.jpg

Welcome to the OT Racing Club.

This week we're off to the Road Atlanta - a great mix of fast track and twisty sections. A real challenge for the Tornado.
1724831854176.png
We'll use the uprated version of the Tornado so you must install the performance data pack in order to get on the server - otherwise you'll get a checksum error. Just copy the files into your content/cars/dj_berta_tornado_sp directory.

It's worth getting on the server at least once before the race so you know you have the correct files installed.

There are also two excellent skin packs.

4 final bertas.jpg

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: RaceDepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 18:00 UTC, 19:00 BST, 20:00 CUET | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 19:05 UTC, 20:05 BST, 21:05 CUET | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:30 UTC, 20:30 BST, 21:30 CUET | 30 minutes - Race 1
  • 20:05 UTC, 21:05 BST, 22:05 CUET | 30 minutes - Race 2
  • All results from the 1st Race will be reversed to form the 2nd Race grid
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: Berta Tornado SP - find at Assettoworld(dotcom)
    Screenshot 2024-06-28 144338.jpg
  • Track: Road Atlanta
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: Mandatory (at least 1 litre of fuel) between 5mins and 25mins
Useful Links:
Entry list:

Please sign up if you plan on racing tomorrow. If we don't get a few more then I'll unfortunately have to reschedule. Don't forget to sign up to the Fat-Alfie championship too.

This car/track combo is a lot of fun so if you've not tried it yet then give it a go. You can the see if you want to sign up to the Fat Alfie championship, starting next week.

Another complete screw up from begining to end last night. 1st race my car just would not work at all. I was sliding all over the place so bailed out. 2nd race, car was a bit more friendly and apart from an early spin i was able to almost match pace until i pitted. Again, no fuel! Probably my fault this time anyway, guess what. I bailed out.
So, sorry guys. I have been rushing in too late with no solid prep for racing these last couple of weeks. I will try to be more competitive for the coming Alfie series :thumbsup:

Steve,

Please don't practice as it gives me somebody to race against at the back of the field!

For the first time since joining this happy little gang I actually enjoyed my Tuesday night session - mainly thanks to Colin helping me with a little tuition and also from his question after I went off at the first corner " how would you drive in the real world' or something like that.

Still not on pace bit now only a second and a bit slower rather than 5 seconds + so looking forward to the Fat Alfie championship!

Paul

Thanks all for joining last night. Quite a few dropped out during the evening. I guess people get frustrated as they go off?

This car does need a bit of practice beforehand had but it does reward you once you dial in to the circuit.

Anyway I had great races with Thomas and Richard. I did have visions of actually winning a race but Thomas was just to fast and I lost the lead with 10 mins to go. I then lost 2nd to Richard as my ping went through the roof with 5 mins to go. Does anyone see this ping issue? It only seems to happen towards the end of the session and if I monitor my ping outside AC then it's fine - very odd.

First round of the a Fat-Alfie championship next week...

Latest News

Back