AC Berta Tornado SP @ Croft, Tue 23rd July 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Club Staff
Premium
preview.jpg

Welcome to the OT Racing Club.

Really close racing last week and this short tight track will ensure more of the same. A large grid would be awesome so give this a go on the test server and sign up.

Croft_track_map.svg.png

We'll use the uprated version of the Tornado so you must install the performance data pack in order to get on the server - otherwise you'll get a checksum error. Just copy the files into your content/cars/dj_berta_tornado_sp directory.

It's worth getting on the server at least once before the race so you know you have the correct files installed.

There are also two excellent skin packs.

4 final bertas.jpg

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: RaceDepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 18:00 UTC, 19:00 BST, 20:00 CUET | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 19:05 UTC, 20:05 BST, 21:05 CUET | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:30 UTC, 20:30 BST, 21:30 CUET | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 20:00 UTC, 21:00 BST, 22:00 CUET | 25 minutes - Race 2 - reverse grid of race 1
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: Berta Tornado SP - find at Assettoworld(dotcom)
    Screenshot 2024-06-28 144338.jpg
  • Track: Croft
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: None
Useful Links:
Entry list:

There's something with "linking accounts" but we need a "techno kid" to explain that.

After that you setup your hardware and "pushtotalk" in the voice chat settings and enter the server

Thanks for the race folks. The track cut penalty was a real pain - I didn't know it was configured but I'll make sure it's off for the next race.

I'd like to run FatAlfie's fantastic Deutschlandring next week but it might be a bit long with a small grid - or more might be encouraged to join on this great track. Any thoughts on this or any other track requests?

Last edited:
Just checked the Berta Tornado again, it actually takes a gas and steering hint now.:cool:
Only change to my system was to update the CSP.
Because it´s a well hidden fact that several modders design their cars for much newer than the "recommended version" and don´t advertise that fact. (scowling at you, Fuzo :O_o:)
So i´ll have another go at it as I find the time.

I can confirm that the car likes fat Alfie tracks very much indeed. It needs to stretch it's legs which small tracks don't do. I never got past 4th last night. Deutschlandring is perfect imho

Last edited:
As a newbie could I suggest a more well known track? Croft is great but I only had the miles from practice not the thousands of hours from other tracks so getting to grips with it on a strange track was... frustrating...

If its not too late what about Donnington?

Not too long and it was an F1 track so well suited to the higher speed cars.

Paul

There's room for lots of tracks. I'm sure Colin will satisfy all our favourite tracks provided enough people want to race the car. What we really need is more drivers. Fat Alfie tracks are very popular and might help with numbers maybe

And Deutschlandring is the most beginnerfriendly in my eyes.
(don't even mention Thomson Road to me)

But you have to do the hours to appreciate FatAlfie tracks, they can be gorgeous but frustrating in the first (and often second ) race

Last edited:
Just had aquick spin with the Berta (going forth it will always be "Die Dicke Berta" /Big Berta for me :D) at Zolder67 and now I can understand that you like her so much. She´s actually rather easy and nice to drive, only the steering kicks like a mule :confused:.

I did not remember so many so deep craters in the track from our Mazda races.
So I´ll get a bigger/heavier steering wheel and "I´m in" :thumbsup:

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 243 39.4%
  • Online service

Votes: 149 24.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 265 42.9%
  • Graphics

Votes: 188 30.5%
  • Car customization