Bathurst 1000

Decenten

Driver of the #73 Team OGMRZ Holden V8SC
Did anyone watch this crazy race. Longest green flag running was 25 laps of the 161. The start was quite slow but Whincup was the entertaining driver of the field, moving from 23rd on the grid to 5th within the first 14 laps. youlden driving #14 Lockwood Racing entry got stuck in the sand trap on lap 25 bringing out the safety car. After that all hell broke loose with another 9 safety cars, a red flag and a roll over following. The race was the longest in the history of the Bathurst 1000. Going for 7 hours and 58 minutes. Young gun Chaz Mostert and his co-driver Paul Morris took an unexpected win after starting last on the grid.

Championship contenders:
Whincup - 5th
Winterbottom - 6th
Lowndes - 10th

Stunning finish!! F1 could learn a lot from this.
Agreed though I was a bit disappointed in that penalty that Lowndes got. He deserved it for the contact but really had no where to go as Winterbottom mad a mistake which slowed him up leaving Lowndes nowhere to go. This stopped a great 4 car fight for the win

I turned it on just to see the race being red flagged. Did sleep for 45 min then. With every hour and all these safety cars I again slept a little.
In the end I was glad it was over. For me the race was rather disappointing.

Yes this is true. I don't watch F1 much lately so I forgot about it. Advantage is you have equally balanced cars unlike F1. That makes for great racing.
I didn't state exactly what I think: I was disappointed because I had been looking forward to it and was so excited especially as the recent races were so great.

Yeah well minus the red flag it was like old Bathurst with 10 or so safety cars to keep the field close and many retirements

Safety car due to kangaroo on track

fd6c278f1ef3460caf7800bfcf96f47f.jpg

Not quite on topic but I do love the Aussie V8 Supercars! Far more interesting than F1 to be honest, really need to watch it more often. It's just a shame it's not televised over here in rainy old Blighty :(

Latest News

Back