Automobilista 2 - update wiping settings

The latest update wiped all my settings; control, gameplay and video, has this happened to anyone else? Pretty frustrating.
They've often recommended removing the My Documents\Automobilista 2 folder to reset everything after patches, but it's something you have to do manually. The patches do not remove anything on their own, so if this has happened to you then it was not due to the patch. Certainly didn't happen to me.

I've gotten a bit more savvy with this now. Instead of just deleting the folder, I'll rename it Automobolista 2backup. Once the game starts and the new one id created, I can then copy over things like replays so they are not lost. This should allow the things that need to be reset to be reset without losing everything.

The main thing that keeps changing is setups as they are tweaking the defaults and what the various values even mean so you may end up with a setup that is just nonsense. But there is still potential that FFB settings or graphics/audio could get changed as well I guess which results in that causing buggy holdovers if you don't reset.

One of the consequences of going 1.0 release is that now they are responsible for those problems. If they change the format and setups they ought to automatically upgrade them so that they still make sense and don't produce buggy problems. They might not be balanced the way the user wants but they ought not to be invalid or unloadable. The basic user settings ought to get upgraded. This is the extra cost of a 1.0 release, now Reiza is responsible for ensuring these things change and we aren't.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%