Assetto Corsa Competizione: a new 2024 update after the 24 Hours of Spa

Although not yet officially confirmed, at least one more update for Assetto Corsa Competizione will arrive this year. Following the release of the highly anticipated Nürburgring Nordschleife DLC and the bonus Ford Mustang GT3, GT World Challenge liveries are expected for the 2024 season.

“With Assetto Corsa Competizione, we have all plans confirmed up to and including 2024,” said Marco Massarutto , developer and co-founder of Kunos Simulazioni. “We are waiting for the 24 Hours of Spa because there are a whole series of new liveries to be implemented on the cars and then close, let's say, the 2024 season”.

The Belgian race will take place at the end of this month: 29-30 June. It is traditionally a place to discover the latest developments in Assetto Corsa Competizione, such as when SRO president Stéphane Ratel announced the GT2 DLC in 2022. Plans to support Competizione beyond the end of this year have not yet been secured. Kunos' small development team of around 30 full-time employees is preparing to launch its next Assetto Corsa Evo project this "summer".

"We won't give any confirmations about '25 because at the moment we are completely focused on Assetto Corsa Evo", concluded Massarutto. So for now we must only settle for the certainty of a 2024 update...

I've only just got into ACC and I'm kicking myself for not jumping on it sooner.
It's good to know they've still got something planned for it.

Really too bad the resources are not there to keep ACC alive and add new GT3 and GT4 cars to the mix as paid DLC. The Mustang has been great fun and a GT3 Corvette, Aston Martin EVO, etc., and other cars would be awesome paid DLC. The sim could evolve into a historic GT racing sim over time. One has to realize there are issues with licensing agreements and lots of expenses and fine print but it would nonetheless be a wonderful SIM to keep alive over many years with new content and the dedicated following around the world that ACC has...

Really too bad the resources are not there to keep ACC alive and add new GT3 and GT4 cars to the mix as paid DLC. The Mustang has been great fun and a GT3 Corvette, Aston Martin EVO, etc., and other cars would be awesome paid DLC. The sim could evolve into a historic GT racing sim over time. One has to realize there are issues with licensing agreements and lots of expenses and fine print but it would nonetheless be a wonderful SIM to keep alive over many years with new content and the dedicated following around the world that ACC has...
I secretly still hope they some day release acc 2 but based on their new engine.

Latest News

Back