Articulating Mount for using a flight Yoke with Racing Rig

This is my current race rig:
432A8E8E-F5EA-415F-B352-AD885CFD15E2.jpeg

I like to mess around with flight sims occasionally- mostly general aviation. I purchased a Honeycomb flight yoke and throttle quadrant and I’m deciding how best to mount. ideally , I’d like to be able to change from race sim to flight sim quickly and vice versa. I think I’ve figured out how to mount the throttle quadrant so that it’s on the rig all the time and not in the way when I’m sim racing. What I was thinking for the flight yoke was some type of pretty stout articulating arm that you could swing the yoke in after you sat down, lock it in place, and use for flight sims. I will remove the steering wheel for flight sim mode which is easy to do. When finished with flight sims for the day the arm would ideally rotate so that the yoke is towards the back of the rig. I am thinking about some type of custom 80/20 solution but would like to see if there was something suitable available to just buy that was mostly complete. Thanks for any help.

I am not sure I have seen anything like that before for a yoke. It looks like when not in use it couldnt swing too far away because of the monitors and the monitor stand.

I too like to fly small aircraft but a mix with GA and military and find that a stick works well. I used to have a yoke but sold it because of all of these issues.

A stick is much easier to incorporate in to a rig like this.

Having said that, I think if you are prepared to have it on all day then 5 mins setup is not a big issue and I would look at adding a mount that comes off the P1's main uprights with a span going across them and putting the yoke on that. There should be room on that for the throttle next to it.
2022-07-13_09-33.png

Sorry to bring this back up from the dead but did you ever figure anything out? I was thinking of the SAME THING - I love MSFS but also love racing, annoying to not be able to use my honeycomb yoke if I got a racing rig, was thinking a swivel arm to mount the yoke or a 180 degree swivel of some sort.

I don't know if they have any articulating mount but thought a Z-pattern mounting plate would have been ideal with being able to flip it for the yoke and then back for the wheel but not sure they have some hardware like that.

Latest News

Back