Resource icon

Tracks Arizona Motorsports Park (AMP) 2024-06-27

Login or Register an account to download this content
One little issue I noticed is that the surfaces have very low friction/grip. Like 0.85 but as a consequence AC treats it as almost just dirt so there is no tire squeal and lock up sounds played at all. Like I'm on dirt. I increased it to ~0.90 and balanced everything else around that asphalt-road wise, and it works now with the tires sounds. I'm guessing you are trying to simulate dusty old road there but maybe if you increased it a bit like this somewhat, we get the tires sound and can play with lower track grip settings on our own then. At the increased 0.90 friction it still drives sketchy with optimum 100% track grip setting I tested with.
BTW I built you a lazy third TV camera for both the CW and the CCW with more narrow FOVs. Here you go, include them if you want in some next update.

Attachments

• cameras_2.ini
    4.6 KB · Views: 21
  • cameras_2.ini
    3.6 KB · Views: 20
One little issue I noticed is that the surfaces have very low friction/grip. Like 0.85 but as a consequence AC treats it as almost just dirt so there is no tire squeal and lock up sounds played at all. Like I'm on dirt. I increased it to ~0.90 and balanced everything else around that asphalt-road wise, and it works now with the tires sounds. I'm guessing you are trying to simulate dusty old road there but maybe if you increased it a bit like this somewhat, we get the tires sound and can play with lower track grip settings on our own then. At the increased 0.90 friction it still drives sketchy with optimum 100% track grip setting I tested with.
BTW I built you a lazy third TV camera for both the CW and the CCW with more narrow FOVs. Here you go, include them if you want in some next update.
thx for the cams. i love them. as for the grip. its spot on to the real track.

thx for the cams. i love them. as for the grip. its spot on to the real track.

Did you try with other cars and tires? With this low grip AC doesn't play tires sounds, like the car is on dirt or grass and not on asphalt. Tires not squealing at all on asphalt can't be spot on except maybe when wet, even then... weird. Maybe you were driving a car with too grippy tires and as a consequence thought the track was too grippy instead.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back