AMS2 VR

PC2 does it a little better as its menus make more sense but they the pair of them are the best VR supported sims. Once loaded in you can do everything from the wheel, change cars and tracks and single-player to multiplayer etc without the need for desktop interaction. It is one of the shining qualities of the madness engine, its VR support is how I wished all games would work in VR.

iRacing you end up in their desktop client to select stuff and need a keyboard and mouse to work with the interface even when in VR to launch. The same with AC with content manager. ACC doesn't even hit VR frame rates.

Yes I agree AMS2 is a slick experience in VR and probably the sim I'd launch to quickly demo VR racing to someone who hasn't seen it before. Good visuals without much tweaking the graphics config and the UI navigation is easy.

One of the first races I tried was a dawn race at Bathurst, from the high ground you can see the red sky and the city lights in the distance.

AC and RF2 were also good VR racing experiences but more clunky UI. ACC is the big disappointment, I have to downscale it so much to get usable frame rates it looks the worst of all.

In RF2 and iracing I have no issues getting 90 frames. In acc and AMS2 I can only get 45 so that is not so great.

Having said that, the 45 I get in ACC is still not playable for me while in AMS2 I still find it reasonable and have done a number of races. No, its not as smooth as 90 but the fact I can race in it with 45 is good.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%