AC Alfa Romeo GTA vs MiTo @ Horsma Tue, May 17th 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

abecede

Premium
DACK7uY.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. Newbies and Pros alike!

You have two choices: The Alfa Romeo GTA from 1965, a wonder of weight-shift! Or the Alfa Romeo MiTo QV from 2012, a modern FWD supermini car.

The great thing about these cars: They have equal lap times on lots of Kunos' tracks - see below graph! Data taken from lots and lots of hotlappers on RSR LiveTiming. Numbers to the left are laptimes in seconds.
V77V8hz.png

Choose whichever car you like, both are quite fun! I hope for a more or less equal amount of both cars during the event...

3NTJVdK.png

We'll drive on the fantastic looking Horsma Club race track by the talented creator @Ghoults !
(maybe he can even join us?)

The password for signing up is the usual "Tuesday password".
If you don't know it, just ask here in this thread - I'll send you a private message.​

Event details:
  • 20:00 CEST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Practice (optional, but recommended)
  • 21:00 CEST (19:00 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualifying
  • 21:20 CEST (19:20 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race
  • Cars: Alfa Romeo GTA and Alfa Romeo Mito QV
  • Track: Horsma Club Layout
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 20C air / 28C track
  • Weather: Mid Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 laps.
  • Damage / Fuel / Tyre wear rates: 25% / 100% / 100%
  • Further info: see the "Sign up here" link above.
Useful Links:

Thanks for the mention! I'd be super interested to join but the timing might be too late for me. Fun fact tho: the alfa romeo mito qv was actually one of the cars I drove on the club layout when making the track. A lot of the speed comes from getting those smooth transitions from turn in to power in corners. It is surprising rewarding to push the car as the corner lengths really match the car!

@Allan Ramsbottom and @Alfred Wayne - since we're only 3 participants at the moment, I'm a bit doubtful whether we'll do the race tomorrow. If at least four more people join, then we'll race. Otherwise I need to cancel this certainly wonderful combo...

Besides: if you're interested in unusual car combos, next week we'll start the MCMC - multi car mini championship. See this thread: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mcmc.232260 - There's even the chance for a small price for all who race every round!

I have gone for the Mito, even though the Alfa is one of my favourite cars.
So if you decide to make it s one horse race, I will be more than happy to go Alfa.

Sooo, we are six right now, which isn't really enough to have fun in my opinion...

What about some regulars who didn't join already?
Like @HF2000 , @Enzo Fazzi , @H_Belane , @cerebralvortex , @Casper de Wit , @JamKart22 , @Jekabs Silins , @Reik Major and all the others whose username I can't find? Care to join us on this beautiful track by Ghoults in the GTA or the MiTo (which he even used himself for a while when creating the track)?
Lame excuse but my wife is ill and needs some comfort and attention.

Sooo, we are six right now, which isn't really enough to have fun in my opinion...

What about some regulars who didn't join already?
Like @HF2000 , @Enzo Fazzi , @H_Belane , @cerebralvortex , @Casper de Wit , @JamKart22 , @Jekabs Silins , @Reik Major and all the others whose username I can't find? Care to join us on this beautiful track by Ghoults in the GTA or the MiTo (which he even used himself for a while when creating the track)?
Sorry mate, I'm not at home tonight. Great combo though. Testing both cars on the server was fun...

Here my setups if some likes to have a look.

Attachments

• R-T300-Mito_53.5.ini
    472 bytes · Views: 36
  • R-T300-GTA_53.9.ini
    803 bytes · Views: 37
Sorry guys 6 is,nt a race so im out,time to get Motorbike out and do some real speed...
Just wanted to write the same... We're sadly not enough people for this wonderful combo... Let's postpone this one to some other time...
But if you're interested in strange combos, there is a MCMC (multi car mini championship) starting next week, and we already have a couple of people in it!

You even have the chance to win a 1 year free RD premium membership!

Latest News

Back