Alcon Brake Bias Controller, Feeling?

Hey I made this one where i am trying to replicate a Alcon BAA3300X20 , and i like to share it, and ask if anyone have tested a "real" Brake bias adjustment knob?
I have not... is it a lot of resistance? is it with steps or without?

pic_AiBB.JPG

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5162624

Last edited:
Have a look at what the knob is moving on a balance bar. It causes a spherical bearing to slide in a sleeve.
So it is smooth movement with some resistance.

Though some adjusters have indents / clicks to allow precise adjustment.

Have a look at what the knob is moving on a balance bar. It causes a spherical bearing to slide in a sleeve.
So it is smooth movement with some resistance.

Though some adjusters have indents / clicks to allow precise adjustment.
It would be pro level stuff if the rotary encoder was in the end of the balance bar, so you have the mechanical feel… oh no! Now I am getting new ides… :roflmao:

Last edited:
Could you maybe share the file you used for the stickers. I'd like to replicate your design but I'm having a hard time finding a good template to replicate it myself

All the Brake Balance adjusters I had in my hands had the "click".
So I would say, it's common they have them.
The one from OBP f.e. definitely has them, and it's one of the cheaper models.

PS.
In real ones without being attached to a balance bar/ pedalbox it's not a lot of resistance except the "clicks".

If attached to a balance bar. It's not that heavy either, but you feel the torsion of the cable thing.
So it builds up resistance quite a bit (pretty squashy feeling) and then it rotates the balance bar.
The clicks are one per revolution normally

Sweet, thanks! That makes sens! Now I have to figure out a way to mimic that
Maybe you can use a haptic encoder like this one but without the screen. In the code you can do all kinds of crazy things to mimic different styles of rotary knobs.

But there is also Monit which has is a digital brake bias with lcd screen: https://www.reliableweldingandspeed...e-bias-adjuster-black-or-orange-square-mount/

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware