Adding Motion/Haptic to R-Seat Cockpit?

I have an R-Seat N1 cockpit that I've been using for a few years. I really love it, but I would like to be better connected to the car. I have the BK seat mount and the spinning vibrators in the Fanatec pedals that I connect to SimVibe.

Is it possible to isolate this cockpit from the floor and add the corner transducers? The cockpit is huge and ridiculously heavy!

Is it possible/worth it to add some motion to the cockpit? What advantages are gained by doing this?

I have an R-Seat N1 cockpit that I've been using for a few years. I really love it, but I would like to be better connected to the car. I have the BK seat mount and the spinning vibrators in the Fanatec pedals that I connect to SimVibe.

Is it possible to isolate this cockpit from the floor and add the corner transducers? The cockpit is huge and ridiculously heavy!

Is it possible/worth it to add some motion to the cockpit? What advantages are gained by doing this?
rSeat sells D-Box motion platforms for the N1. Perhaps contact rSeat and get their "official" solution added onto your N1.

I have a Fast Track Sims tig-welded tubular steel chassis and a separate Aluminum Extrusion chassis, and while tubular steel is a lot better at transmitting vibration than Aluminum Extrusion, I think you would still get a better feel from adding more tactile transducers directly to you seat, rather than around the chassis.

In relation to the value of adding motion to a cockpit, it's really subjective.

If budget is constrained, then perhaps only consider it after you are totally happy with your PC, rig, wheel, pedals, visual and sound solutions, as in my view, motion is less important than any of those.

Latest News

Back