AC crash issue

Assetto was working just a few days ago, and now all of the sudden, when I try to run (using CM), it crashes before finishing to load. The error messages seem to be pointing towards VR, but my VR is working in all other games. I tried verifying integrity of the install, and updating CSP, but still have the same issue. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Game Crash1.jpg
    Game Crash1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I'm betting that's its because I've had Windows update turned off for a while now (using Wub_x64). I just went and disabled it & restarted the pc... There's quite a few that MS is saying I need to install, and its taking a while with my poor internet connection I seem to have these days. Will let you all know if that fixes the issue, in case anyone else experiences this type of problem.

I'm betting that's its because I've had Windows update turned off for a while now (using Wub_x64). I just went and disabled it & restarted the pc... There's quite a few that MS is saying I need to install, and its taking a while with my poor internet connection I seem to have these days. Will let you all know if that fixes the issue, in case anyone else experiences this type of problem.
No luck. That didn't change anything. This is driving me crazy. Btw, the first message that comes up when it crashes I've attached here.

Attachments

• First error msg.jpg
    First error msg.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 21
same here! After a windows update and restart. any fix???
OK, I decided to try running it in SteamVR and it works. So now, just like my AMS2 install, AC for some reason will no longer run in OpenComposite, which I've found to be so much better than SteamVR. In fact, compared to OC, SteamVR just plain sux. Question is, has something changed with these 2 titles that could be causing this?

Last edited:
Nope. I still have yet to figure this one out. Very frustrating!
Well, since I was having issues with AMS2 crashing on startup, I tried using SteamVR instead of Open Composite that I always run, and that stopped the crashing on startup (but SteamVR SUCKS big time). I always use OpenComposite on just about all my sim race software, and apparently that is the problem with Assetto Corsa too. It started in standard Steam VR... So now that I've figured out that AC will no longer run VR using OpenComposite, I'm trying to figure out what the heck has changed?

I did have the same, only SteamVR was working and man I hate that crap software with all kinds of virtual not needed things popups or not to remove steam menu while your in AC-VR.

Check your virus scanner quarantine and restore.
Then make an exception for CM, AC.exe and the Openthing or whatever it’s calling.

Latest News

Back