2014 Austrian Grand Prix - Rate the Race

Chris

Premium
What did you like or dislike about the Austrian Grand Prix?
Leave a rating in the poll above, and let us know in the comments section below why you felt that way :)

Pros:
- As a Lewis fan, those first few laps of his were utterly spectacular. Going from 9th to 4th in one lap was tremendous.
- The Williams seemed to be a match for Mercedes for the first half of the race.
- DRS wasn't too effective.
- Mark Webber doing the podium interviews was great!

Cons:
- The battle for the lead never really got close enough to eventuate into anything.
- Starting to feel really bad for Vettel, doesn't deserve the reliability problems he's having.
- Lewis's pitstops. 'nuff said.

Pros:
- As a Lewis fan, those first few laps of his were utterly spectacular. Going from 9th to 4th in one lap was tremendous.
- The Williams seemed to be a match for Mercedes for the first half of the race.
- DRS wasn't too effective.
- Mark Webber doing the podium interviews was great!

Cons:
- The battle for the lead never really got close enough to eventuate into anything.
- Starting to feel really bad for Vettel, doesn't deserve the reliability problems he's having.
- Lewis's pitstops. 'nuff said.
I Agree 100% with these critiques. Over all the race was just another ho-hum affair. They really don't offer much excitement for me anymore. DRS really started to kill F1 for me.

Also I am a huge Lewis fan but his attitude is terrible. He started p9 and got to second. That is something to celebrate. Yet he looks like his dog died all the damn time. And frankly he is in a very privileged position, representing brands all over the world. If he has an issue with Nico, deal with that crap behind closed doors. I am really getting tired of his sourpuss attitude towards the man. He got beat again today. Man up and do better.

/rant

Really hoped Massa would win.

Hamilton stiff with the slower pit stops.

Danny a so so 8th but Red Bull had a disastrous race in general.

Good to see Williams back to some form.

Congrats to Rosberg.

Good race overall, with the Williams competing well and adding some interest - hope to see them up there more often, it would be good to see them win a few and have more than just the two Mercs contending later in the season, it is still possible. But even with just the two Mercs out front, there is good racing between teammates right down the pack.

Great old style track, the blind brows and steep dips tested the drivers more than some of the modern tracks.

Yes, Hamilton's first lap was excellent, I agree he is a quick driver, but it is no use quoting 'bad luck ', which is now being mentioned many times in the media. You make your own luck, and Hamilton is generally less consistent than Rosberg, slightly heavier on his tyres & his machinery I think, though his fuel use has improved this season.

IMO Rosberg is slightly under-rated, he keeps calm and delivers the results, and that calm & consistency is more likely to win the championship than Hamilton's isolated bursts of impressive speed.

Above all, my respect goes to the Mercedes Team for allowing them to actually race each other properly so far.

It wasn't bad but I expected to see a bit more dicing further back in the field, primarily because of the different powerplant outputs.
A1 has never really been a good track for overtaking.
About the only place to do that is a late-brake into Remus or Gosser..

Last edited:

Latest News

Back