ACC 2 x GT3 sprint races with reverse grid @ Watkins Glen - Thursday 26th September

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
IMG_0454.jpeg

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to PM me or post on this thread.

History of the circuit

Watkins Glen International
, nicknamed "The Glen", is an automobile race track in the northeastern United States, located in Dix, New York, just southwest of the village of Watkins Glen, at the southern tip of Seneca Lake. It is long known around the world as the former home of the Formula One United States Grand Prix, which it hosted for twenty consecutive years (19611980). In addition, the site has also been home to road racing of nearly every class, including the World Sportscar Championship, Trans-Am, Can-Am, NASCAR Cup Series, the International Motor Sports Association, and the IndyCar Series. The facility is currently owned by NASCAR. (Wikipedia)

Description
  • Starting grid for race #2 is a reverse of the results from race #1
  • 13:00 in-game race #1 start
  • 15:00 in-game race #2 start
  • Time multiplier x4
  • Short formation lap - stay in the green marker
  • Premium users only
Drivers
  1. Michael Klengel
  2. John Decubber
  3. Harry Brooks
  4. Jay Clarke
  5. Jordan Verhofstadt
  6. Andre Nascentes
  7. Louis-Michel De Luca
  8. Jordan Duran
  9. Nasos Angelou
Results

Pitstop
  • No mandatory pitstops
  • Refuelling allowed
Weather
  • Overall: flip a coin - it can do anything!
  • Ambient temp: 22 °C
  • Cloud level: 6
  • Randomness: 5
Practice Server
  • Servername: search for "OVERTAKE"
  • Password: see below "How can I join this event"
Sessions

ServernameOVERTAKE.GG | Racing Club | Race #1 | Watkins Glen
19:00 UTC / 20:00 BST15 minute practice
19:15 UTC / 20:15 BST15 minute qualifying
19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST20 minute race #1
19:50 UTC / 20:50 BST10 minute practice (prep for race #2)
ServernameOVERTAKE.GG | Racing Club | Race #2 | Watkins Glen
20:00 UTC / 21:00 BST5 minute practice
20:05 UTC / 21:05 BST20 minute race #2

ClassCarYearBallastChange
GT3Audi R8 LMS GT3 evo II202215 kg-1 kg
GT3AMR V8 Vantage201914 kg-2 kg
GT3BMW M4 GT32021-4 kg-1 kg
GT3Ferrari 296 GT320231 kg-1 kg
GT3Honda NSX GT3 Evo2019-21 kg13 kg
GT3Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO 220238 kg-1 kg
GT3McLaren 720S GT3 Evo20236 kg-1 kg
GT3Mercedes-AMG GT3202016 kg-1 kg
GT3Porsche 992 GT3 R2023-2 kg-1 kg
GT3Ford Mustang GT320245 kg-1 kg
GT3Bentley Continental2018-39 kg-1 kg
GT3Nissan GT-R Nismo GT320181 kg-1 kg

How can I join this event?
  • Premium members: Reply in this thread stating you want to join, I'll then add you to the list. Server password can be found here
  • Servername: search for "OVERTAKE"
What do I need to know?
  • Club rules are enforced. Check them out here
  • We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair
  • Voice chat is available on the OverTake Discord if you want to chat. Please use push to talk and limit chat during the race to apologies / lapped traffic info.
  • Please ensure your real name is set on your OverTake profile and matches your in-game

Last edited:
Very nice race overall from my side. I got a beautiful P4 in Race #1 and an epic P3 in Race #2.
Race #1 had no incidents, but many close calls.
Race #2 had no close calls for me but a big head-on collision with @mklengel in the Macca, giving me a 36sec damage and a slightly broken wheel. Managed to pull through the rest of the race, despite the moderate rain and no pitting. I decided not to pit, not for the damage nor for the tyre change. I hoped that the weather would stay greasy, but then got damp. I started (and ended) the race with high pressure drys (27psi on all sides basically). I was tempted to go out with low pressure wets and get super hot in the process, but I thought to risk it and go out with the dry.

I think Jay understeered into Michael, as Michael kept his line and was parallel to the road. As for my side, probably a racing incident. Michael held his brakes but crawled on the racing line. You didn't do too much damage mate, thankfully the 991.2 Porsche mainly relies on the rear wing for downforce and the front damage helped making it more understeery for the rainy conditions.

Thanks for reading all that, I had fun and I may see you on the next one!

Latest News

Back